ICN Site Help: Community Collaboration - Groups
Groups allow members to have focused information sharing and collaboration. Create oroups for committees, projects and initiatives where there is a need for ongoing collaboration and communication among members. Resources and knowledge sharing in groups are specific to the group and are accessible only to group members.
To access Groups:
Login » My Activities : Groups : View
OR Login » Participate : Groups
Active Groups are listed by:
1. Open to all: membership in these type of groups is open to any registered member of ICN.
2. Restricted: membership in these groups have to be approved by the group owner. Membership is by request and pending approval by the group owner. Information about Restricted groups is only available to its members.
3. My groups: this shows a list of the groups that you are a member of
View Group: Click on "View Group" to go to the Group home page.
Start a Group: ICN members have the ability to Start a Group, by clicking on the button provided for this purpose and completing all the information required. Your request will be sent to the ICN Community Management and you will be notified when this is approved.
The Group home page displays the latest activities for the particular group - Member activity, events, resources. From this page one can navigate to explore information on:
- Group info/contact
- Resources - documents and links to shared videos, if available. For the purposes of governance, only group owners have the capability to upload/share resources.
- Events - meetings and other events specific to the group
Information about restricted groups is only available to group members.
A link to "Join this group" is also available on this page.
Members of a group can engage in discussions about topics of interest of the group, e.g. group projects, policies, etc.
Participation in these Conversations is exclusive to the members of the group.
Group membership is voluntary:
- To Join a group, click on the "Join this group" link provided for on the Group home page
For groups that are:
Open to all - joining the group is automatic and member has access to all the group services immediately.
Restricted - a request to join the group will need approval from the group contact. As soon as this is approved, the member will be notified and will then have access to the group services.
- To Leave a group, click on the "Leave this group" link provided on the Group home page.
To start a group, click on the button provided. You will be taken to a form where you need to fill in the information about your group
Your request will be forwarded to ICN Community Management Team, who will evaluate your request. Upon approval, you will receive a notification and your group will be online and show on the list on the site, with you as the main contact. In the event that your request to start a group is not approved, you will receive an email with that information.